As many as 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage. 85% of this happen in the 1st trimester. For an experience that is relatively common, there isn’t a lot of discussion around it. The experience of miscarrying a wanted child can be devastating for mothers and their partners. Having the ability to talk about the experience can be vital to healing from a miscarriage.
In this episode of Sex Is Medicine, Devi speaks with Blissful Birthing Coach, certified Doula, and CATP, Sunshine Ryan, and IATE Co-Founder, Alaina Salks about:
- The societal “code of silence” around the experience of miscarriage
- What are the benefits and draw backs of honoring or breaking this code of silence
- What are some of the emotions mothers and their partners can experience after a miscarriage?
- Dealing with feelings of guilt and betrayal
- What is “Womb Healing” and how can it help?
- Healing with and through community connection
Plus, Alaina shares her beautiful story and ritual for healing after miscarrying a loved and wanted child.
*Please note~ If you have had a miscarriage you may find this episode triggering. Please be mindful of having support when you listen.
Tune in to listen and heal, only on Sex Is Medicine with Devi Ward Erickson and Friends.