1. Racism is a trauma and we can’t be a trauma-informed organization and not acknowledge the impact of racism
2. Our organization agrees that this is the definition of racism: Racism = Race predjudice + power
3. We prioritize Bodichitta: loving-kindness and compassion in all of our activities
4. We respect ourselves and each other
5. We listen to ourselves and each other with an open mind and heart
6. We prioritize communicating and giving feedback with loving-kindness, compassion, respect, and clarity, prioritizing feelings and needs language.
7. We practice communal care – don’t struggle alone, ask for help from your community
8. We remain present and engaged, and practice self-connection/self-inquiry when triggered
9. We are committed to accountability and ownership
10. We offer grace to ourselves and to each other
11. We honor the humanity of all people and the inherent value of all sentient life.
12. We examine & transform Internalized Racial Oppression
13. We understand there is no quick fix – Transformation and healing from IRO is ongoing and is a life-long commitment
14. Our anti-racism work focuses on the effects of White Supremacy. We call a thing, a thing!
15. We enthusiastically commit to “DO THE WORK” and Trust The Process
This information was collated from faculty notes, taken during the 3-Day, Undoing Racism Training, presented by The People’s Institute For Survival and Beyond.
4. Black people protect white feelings to stay safe. Protectionism
5. Colorism & Texturism – light-skinned people having privilege; “good” hair vs “bad” (tightly coiled) hair
7. Exaggerated invisibility
9. Addictive Behaviors
10. Imposter Syndrome
11. Self doubt – always in trouble
12. Not enough
13. Can’t Move Freely
15. Not worthy of being alive
4. Sense of urgency
7. Myth of meritocracy
9. Resentment – projects blame
10. Purposeful ignorance, white innocence, denial
14. Shame – should have already mastered everything
17. White Savior Complex
*The Tantra Mastery Training Program does not require approval by the registrar of the private Training Institute Branch (PTIB). As such, the registrar did not review this program.