Join Devi Ward Erickson and special guest Mel Cassidy, Creator of The Monogamy Detox, as they discuss how to practice non-monogamy through a trauma-informed lens.
- What is non-monogamy?
- Why non-monogamy can be traumatizing
- How non-monogamy can support healing & integration from relational trauma
- Somatic safety, secure attachment, and sangha
- Four Pillars of Trauma-Informed Relating
- Unpacking Patriarchal Monogamy & the importance for ALL of us to do this work, no matter what our intimate relational style.
ABOUT MEL CASSIDY
With two decades of experience teaching and facilitating in groups small and large, Mel has a reputation for innovation, novelty, and being able to guide others to think— and live— outside the box.
The grandchild of refugees, Mel has lived on three continents. She has professional experience in theater, education, special needs, management, holistic wellness, psychology, counselling, meditation, somatics, and yoga— all of which she applies within her coaching and mentoring.
Taking a trauma-informed approach, Mel helps individuals around the world discover new dimensions of their relationships to themselves, and the people in their lives. A respected teacher and presenter, she created the Monogamy Detox course for individuals who want to navigate alternative approaches to intimate relationships, and is currently writing her first book.
Mel is queer, loves cats, and experiences her relationships as a solo polyamorous individual. She lives on the traditional and unceded Coast Salish territories of K’ómoks in British Columbia, Canada.
CONNECT WITH MELINA!
Connect with Mel on Facebook HERE