Low libido or loss of sexual desire is the MOST common sexual complaint for women in North America.
There are a number of issues which can affect your sex drive, and usually there is more than one factor in play.
Some common issues that can cause low libido for women and men are:
Physiological issues such as:
- Hormonal balances throughout the month for female bodies
- Hormonal changes due to age and lowered testosterone levels
- Medications such as antidepressants, blood pressure medicine, and even some birth control
- Medical issues such as endometriosis, fibroids or thyroid disorders
Emotional/Mental Health Issues such as:
- Feeling stressed and/or overwhelmed
- Depression, anxiety or any kind of mental illness
- Past sexual trauma
- Emotional trauma
And lastly, #10 is relationship issues…
If none of the above factors are in play, you may want to take a look at the state of your relationship. Sexual connection is certainly the most physically intimate experience 2 human begins can share, and potentially the most emotionally intimate as well. If there are subtle (or not so subtle) issues in the relationship, one of the first places it shows up is in the bedroom.
So What is The Remedy?
If you are suffering from low libido, chances are there is more than one of these issues going on, so we encourage you to take some time for self inquiry and do a full assessment of your physical, mental and emotional health, and get some honest answers about the state of your relationship.
Low libido is a symptom of a deeper underlying issue, so once you can identify the cause (or causes) you can take the appropriate actions to correct it.
Find out more about what causes low libido below!
Looking for a step-by-step guide to unlocking your full orgasmic potential? Get the Female Orgasm Intensive!